- Don't empty ashes into a plastic container...even if you think they are cooled and you have seen someone do it a hundred times!
- Don't put those ashes next to your front door.
- Have a fire extinguisher in your house because you never know!
- If you smell smoke...find it...don't just figure it is coming from the neighbors woodstove.
- If you have the prompting to look out your front door and you can't figure out why...do it anyways.
- Know where the garden hoses are even if it is still half winter.
- Don't have your house insurance premium be $1,000!
From the above you can tell what happened to me yesterday. I thought I was being productive for one of the first days since Holli was born and I ended up spending an hour getting the fire out and the rest of the afternoon stressed out about what had happened. Everyone was fine...except the porch, front door, and a lunch box that was left outside over night.