Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Helpful Hints From the Now Wise Woman

I just wanted to pass on some helpful hints/lessons that I learned yesterday.




  1. Don't empty ashes into a plastic container...even if you think they are cooled and you have seen someone do it a hundred times!

  2. Don't put those ashes next to your front door.

  3. Have a fire extinguisher in your house because you never know!

  4. If you smell smoke...find it...don't just figure it is coming from the neighbors woodstove.

  5. If you have the prompting to look out your front door and you can't figure out why...do it anyways.

  6. Know where the garden hoses are even if it is still half winter.

  7. Don't have your house insurance premium be $1,000!


From the above you can tell what happened to me yesterday. I thought I was being productive for one of the first days since Holli was born and I ended up spending an hour getting the fire out and the rest of the afternoon stressed out about what had happened. Everyone was fine...except the porch, front door, and a lunch box that was left outside over night.







4 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Oh my goodness! What a scary thing....you know what? I did the same thing one time! One time only! I about died when I saw what it did! Sure glad everyone/everything is ok. The items that burned can be replaced. We do have tender mercies given to us daily! Love you all!

David y Amy said...

Crazy! I'm so glad everything turned out all right. What did KJ say?

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, Jess, That's horrible!

Kj and Jessica said...

He loved me and was glad that everyone was ok. But then he grounded me